The Peace Within offers the following classes in Reiki.
All classes are offered by April McCarthy who is a Reiki Master Teacher. She received her training through the International Center for Reiki Training and is a professional member of that organization. The classes are combination of lecture, discussion and experience and follow the International Center for Reiki Training guidelines. The International Center for Reiki Training manuals are included with all classes.
- Holy Fire Reiki I – Complete introduction, history, Level I Ignition, scanning the energy field, hand positions to heal yourself and others – $175 (1 day)
- Holy Fire Reiki II – Level II Ignition (to channel more intense levels of energy), 3 Reiki II symbols and how to use them, distant healing, beaming , and Japanese techniques to send Reiki with your eyes and breath – $175 (1 day)
- Holy Fire Reiki I and II – see descriptions detailed above – $300 (2 days)
- Holy Fire Reiki Master – Master Ignition, instruction on all Ignitions including Master Ignition, values and spiritual orientation of a true Reiki Master – $800 (3 days)
- Holy Fire Karuna Reiki® Master – Karuna Reiki® Ignitions, 4 level one symbols, 4 level two symbols, 4 master symbols, giving and receiving Karuna Reiki® treatments using all symbols, instruction and practice in giving all Karuna Reiki® Ignitions, chanting and toning – $800 (3 days)
What is Reiki?
The awareness that an unseen energy flows through all living things and directly affects the quality of a person’s health has been part of the wisdom of many cultures since ancient times. This life energy goes by many names: qi in China, ki in Japan, and prana in India. The ancient Hawaiians called it ti or ki. It has also been called orgone energy and élan vital, and science refers to it as biofield energy. When your life energy is low, it is more difficult to deal with stress; you may not sleep well, and you’re more susceptible to illness. When your life energy is strong, you feel strong, can more easily deal with stress, and are less likely to get sick. Reiki is a technique that increases a person’s supply of life energy.
Classes are available for those wishing to learn how to give Reiki sessions. Reiki is simple and easy to learn; anyone can learn it, and there are no prerequisites. Once you’ve learned, you can give Reiki to yourself or to others. Teacher training classes are also available.
© Copyright 2011 The International Center for Reiki Training